Garnishments are a requirement of doing business and having employees but juggling the requirements of different types of garnishments and federal and state laws can be exhausting. This webinar will give you the tips and tools to know how to stay compliant and process garnishments accordingly.
Join this webinar by expert speaker Dayna Reum, CPP, FPC,Director of Payroll Operations at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago to review all the changes in detail.
a) Child Support Review
• Employer Responsibility/Employee Protections
• Priority of Withholding/Multiple Orders
• Child Support withholding requirements
• Defining Income/Calculating disposable pay
• Lump Sum Payments
• Calculating Child Support Payments
• When to remit payments
• Administrative fees
• Handling terminated employees
• E-IWO (electronic income withholding orders)
• Other Child Support Concerns
• Medical Support Orders
• Details of State Requirements
b) Levy Review
1. Federal Tax Levies
• Calculating deductions
• Special Situations
• Remittance Requirements
• Voluntary Deductions
2. Other Federal Garnishments
3. State Tax Levies
• State Laws
4. Creditor Garnishments
Benefits of attending session:
• Better understanding the employer responsibilities
• How to properly calculate Garnishment deductions? According to the law or the order or a little bit of both?
• Review of lump sum reporting requirements and how to comply
• Proper order of garnishment priority when an employer receives multiple orders.
• How to determine which law to follow state or federal?
Who should attend?
• Payroll Professional
• Compensation Professionals
• HR Professionals
This webinar has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®,SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).